PassionMetrics allows you to view app users' metrics, manage subscriptions as well as view all your Payments on the platform.
IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Accessing the PassionMetrics Section
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Want to activate your client's access? Check this out: How to give clients access to your app
How to use the PassionMetrics Section
1. Accessing the PassionMetrics Section
You can access the PassionMetrics section by logging in to your app builder, then select the 5th icon on the left side of the screen.
2.1 This section displays a summary of your total users along with a list of your users and their active plans.
Here are different information available in this section:
- Total users - the sum of active or inactive app users (inactive app users are those who have registered your app but did not subscribe to any of your plans).
- Subscribers - total number of active subscription for your plans (The subscriber count is per subscription, not per email. For example, 1 email address can have 3 subscriptions and that will count as 3 in the total number of Subscribers)
- Active users in the last 30 days - active users the app has had in the past 30 days
- Completed in-app activities - the number of lessons or sequences completed by the app users
- Filters - this area displays the list of your app users with their email addresses and plan information
Under the Users section, you can find the Filters area where you can see a list of users with their email addresses. You can also manually search your customers by entering their email addresses on the search bar. You can filter the list by email address, subscription platform, or plans.
Want to export your user's information? You also have the option to export and Download the CSV file to have an external copy.
2.2.1 Subscription Platforms
You can filter the user list by their Subscription Platforms and activate/cancel plans based on the payment platform used. Below is a summary of each platform type:
1. Managed by PassionMetrics
- Purchased through a third-party checkout, via phone sales, or through an access link
You can fully manage subscriptions for this user (activate or cancel).
For you to activate/cancel your clients' subscription manually, you can follow these steps:
- Search for the app user through their email address
- Click on the gear icon
- Then, Edit Plans
- Click on the gear icon to activate or cancel a plan
- Purchased through the app stores.
You can’t manage subscriptions for this user. In order to cancel the recurring payment, it has to be done through the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store. (More on this here: How your clients can cancel a subscription purchased in Google Play Store and Apple App Store?)
- Users who signed up via IOS
When users signed up with Apple they can choose to show their email or not. If they marked it as "Hide" email then an auto-generated email address is shown. (More information in this external article from Apple https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210425)
Note: Apple and Google only allow prices ending in .49 or .99. E.g If your pricing plan is $35, you will see your iOS/Android subscription showing $34.99.
Purchased through PassionPayments through Stripe. (How to activate PassionPayments)
For cancelations/refunds, you will need to do this step via your own Stripe account. Here's an external resource: How to pause or cancel subscriptions
Note that on the filter you will select Stripe but under 'subscription type' you will see Internal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why am I seeing people with 0 Plans in PassionMetrics?
Seeing a user or users in your PassionMetrics with 0 plans means that they have registered/signed up to your app via your sign-up page but have not purchased or subscribed to any of your plans yet.
We recommend you reach out to these users to encourage them to subscribe to your plans.
Please note that some registered emails could possibly be test emails from App Reviewers and Passion.io Tech Support. Also, all users who are not subscribed to a plan do not count towards the 100 subscriber limit on the Pro Plan.
I want to remove a user on my PassionMetrics but it's not giving me the option to. How do I delete a user?
Deleting your users from the list is not yet an active feature in the platform. When you remove or cancel a plan with a user, they will lose access to the app contents, anyway.
We recommend keeping your inactive users and prospect clients on the list. Aside from showing the clients who purchased a plan (one-time/subscription), this section also shows the email addresses of those who showed interest by visiting the web app or downloading the app but did not purchase.
Here are the benefits of having the email addresses of your prospect clients in PassionMetrics:
- You can include them in your marketing email list to do a follow-up and convert them into a paying client
- You can send push notifications to them through Passion Messaging
- You can conduct a survey and see if you can gather feedback from them to see why they did not purchase or what they are specifically looking for. This will help you improve and increase the value of what you're offering
In any case that you would still want to be able to remove app users from PassionMetrics, you can send us a request and upvote the feature here: Canny.
How do I view/download the email addresses of my app users?
You can view the email addresses of your app users through Passion Metrics inside your app builder under Users. You can also download the CSV file and import the data to any software that allows it.
I'm seeing "Renews at" column on my PassionMetrics. What's that for?
Only subscribers who used a credit/debit card will have this tagging. For clients that you added manually, they will not have this tagging.
Still have questions that were left unanswered? Check out our other categories for more information or use the search bar on top to find specific keywords.
Not a PassionFighter yet? Click here to join us!
Note: Feedbacks to articles are anonymous so we will not be able to reach back out. For other concerns/questions, please use the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.